[aur-general] pkgconflict: a tool to find file conflicts when building packages

Abhishek Dasgupta abhidg at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 14:28:06 EDT 2009

2009/4/8 Daenyth Blank <daenyth+arch at gmail.com>:
> That sounds promising... If we can find some method to construct only
> the differences, then it would be doable. Have a method for the user
> to do initial generation, update an existing db, and in addition, to
> download a database from a known source (I could generate a db in a
> cronjob and then host it on twilightlair I think). I have no
> experience with this at all, what would you recommend for doing an
> incremental update?

The initial generation is taking really long! It's over two hours and still
generating... As for differences, we could generate a text containing
all files with the corresponding pkgnames after each update. Then
by doing a diff -u with the previous text we can delete and add
accordingly. This step won't take too much time, hopefully.

Also, there has to be some way of escaping the filename so that sqlite
does not give errors like this:
SQL error: near "N": syntax error
SQL error: near "n": syntax error
SQL error: near "s_Eye": syntax error

Of course if the databases could be stored on some server, then the
user is spared the problem of generating the database and updating
it.

--
Abhishek