[aur-general] pkgconflict: a tool to find file conflicts when building packages

Daenyth Blank daenyth+arch at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 14:18:15 EDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 14:04, Abhishek Dasgupta <abhidg at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/4/5 Daenyth Blank <daenyth+arch at gmail.com>:
>> That's not a bad idea, and it's one that's been recommended to me for
>> pkgfile as well. Is there a simple (read: bash-usable) interface I
>> could work with to speed up pkgfile?
>
> I was trying out the command line sqlite3 tool to manage a database
> comprised of the following fields:
>  key pkgname file
> The problem is that insertion into the database is *slow*. It takes over
> an hour to generate the databases for the official repositories. Thus, if
> we're to use sqlite then only the differences should be updated. Otherwise
> these filelist databases could be generated on some other server and
> then downloaded by pkgfile.
>
> The advantage of sqlite is of course that searching is nearly instanteneous.
>
> --
> Abhishek

That sounds promising... If we can find some method to construct only
the differences, then it would be doable. Have a method for the user
to do initial generation, update an existing db, and in addition, to
download a database from a known source (I could generate a db in a
cronjob and then host it on twilightlair I think). I have no
experience with this at all, what would you recommend for doing an
incremental update?