[aur-general] pkgconflict: a tool to find file conflicts when building packages

Abhishek Dasgupta abhidg at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 14:04:36 EDT 2009

2009/4/5 Daenyth Blank <daenyth+arch at gmail.com>:
> That's not a bad idea, and it's one that's been recommended to me for
> pkgfile as well. Is there a simple (read: bash-usable) interface I
> could work with to speed up pkgfile?

I was trying out the command line sqlite3 tool to manage a database
comprised of the following fields:
 key pkgname file
The problem is that insertion into the database is *slow*. It takes over
an hour to generate the databases for the official repositories. Thus, if
we're to use sqlite then only the differences should be updated. Otherwise
these filelist databases could be generated on some other server and
then downloaded by pkgfile.

The advantage of sqlite is of course that searching is nearly instanteneous.

--
Abhishek