[aur-general] pkgconflict: a tool to find file conflicts when building packages

Daenyth Blank daenyth+arch at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 09:58:40 EDT 2009

On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 09:29, Chris Brannon <cmbrannon at cox.net> wrote:
> Abhishek Dasgupta wrote:
>> Thanks for the useful script! But shouldn't this line:
>>         known_files[entry] =3D (repo, package)
>> be
>>         known_files[entry].append((repo, package))
>
> That is a nice suggestion!  Using lists as hash values could make the tool
> useful for purposes other than checking packages built from unsupported.
>
> The program does quite a bit of I/O.  I'm tempted to convert those file
> lists into a sqlite database, since it would really improve efficiency.
>
> -- Chris

That's not a bad idea, and it's one that's been recommended to me for
pkgfile as well. Is there a simple (read: bash-usable) interface I
could work with to speed up pkgfile? I think it would be smart for us
to coordinate on this, and in fact I'd like to add pkgconflict into my
pkgtools package. Are you currently using git for it? pkgtools is
hosted on github[1] right now, though that might be a little ajax-y
for you to navigate easily. If so, try using the "github" command line
utility[2]. I'll be on IRC if you want to discuss the options with
this, or jabber would be fine as well.

[1] http://github.com/Daenyth/pkgtools