[aur-general] Resigning as a TU

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar
Sat Apr 11 20:06:36 EDT 2009

Chris Brannon wrote:
> I'd be more than happy to adopt all of these Perl packages in one fell swoop.
> They look straightforward.  Do you have any advice about maintaining these
> and other Perl packages?
> Is it possible to get CPAN to send me email whenever a new version of
> one of them is released?
>
> -- Chris

Hi Chris,

I personally use the "ck4up" [#1], a simple but very useful ruby script,
for mantain up to date my all packages in AUR.
It works doing a md5 sum of the page for find changes with regular
expresions to match some particular part of the page.
Can use aliases for common tasks and for urls.

I post my configuration file [#2] to serve as example. It contains 51
packages urls and some common aliases for URL like freshmeat,
sourceforge, cpan, and others. Also contain two aliases to match tarballs.

Good Luck!

[#1] http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=15229
[#2] http://djgera.pastebin.com/f59a7b841

PS: good work for the /dev/time for Linux ;)

--
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi ( djgera )
http://www.djgera.com.ar