[aur-general] Resigning as a TU

Firmicus Firmicus at gmx.net
Tue Apr 14 13:47:36 EDT 2009

> You can use pacpan in a script to get the latest versions (and to generate PKGBUILDs with extensive provides arrays (many CPAN modules use the same sources and thus create the same package even though they use different names)).
> http://xyne.archlinux.ca/info/pacpan
>
> You can also use makerepo with pacpan to automatically build newer packages when new module versions are released.
> http://xyne.archlinux.ca/info/makerepo
>
> Xyne

pacpan is surely an excellent option. I have myself developed a similar
tool (perl-cpanplus-pacman on AUR) but I have not touched it much since
last year, and I presume pacpan is more usable now. I have also a small
perl script to check for out-of-date version of CPAN stuff. See
http://ankabut.net/archlinux/checkcpanversions.pl
(Change the variable $cpandir to suit your situation).

Best,