[aur-general] Questions from a new TU

Abhishek Dasgupta abhidg at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 06:30:29 EDT 2009

2009/4/12 Xyne <xyne at archlinux.ca>:
[ snip ]
> Wouldn't it make more sense to use these tags to determine the port
> when uploading binary packages to community? This would also be useful
> for uploading "any" packages (which I suppose need to be uploaded
> twice).

Just to clarify, currently [community] does not support the "any"
architecture, so you'll have to use arch=(i686 x86_64)

> 2) How can I upload both x86_64 and i686 packages from the same
> machine? When trying to upload an i686 package with communitypkg, it
> complains that it couldn't find the x86_64 package. I did change the
> port of tupkg but I didn't try it without communitypkg.

I have a 64-bit machine on which I have a 32-bit chroot where I
build the i686 versions, see for example:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch64_FAQ#Can_I_build_32-bit_packages_for_i686_inside_Arch64.3F
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch64_Install_bundled_32bit_system

In the i686 environment which I chroot to using linux32, CARCH
etc is set to i686, so communitypkg does not complain.

--
Abhishek