[aur-general] TU application: Laszlo Papp

Laszlo Papp djszapi2 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 01:22:40 EDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 2:37 AM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:

> My guess is that it is because we tend to associate huge numbers of
> packages with not enough time to maintain them and thus lower quality
> (something I had discussed with him earlier).  So I believe this to be more
> of an optimizing the changes of being a TU rather than a reassessment of
> priorities.  Orphaning the several hundred vim plugins/themes only a couple
> of weeks after putting them there is a bit weird.
>
> I don't vote on TU matters anymore, but I will put this out there.  The
> recent spike in Laszlo's activities leads me to be concerned about longevity
> and some accuracy in his original application.  He claims to be using Arch
> for ~1 1/2 years.  But it was only two moths ago I saw him on IRC asking
> some fairly basic questions about pacman features and what was the
> equivalent to doing some emerge (Gentoo) operations.  Two months also
> corresponds to his here registered on the forums.  That concerns me, but I
> could be entirely wrong here.
>
> Allan

Hello Allan!

1. This is a reassessment, really. I didn't know which time I will apply
when I disowned those packages, so it's not a TU application related matter.
I won't get those packages again after this application :) Well, I've just
considered the suggestions from experienced TUs, not to maintain so much
packages, but in better quality. This is my main purpose.

2. I've used earlier #archlinux.hu, Hungarian Archlinux IRC channel, and the
Hungarian Unix Portal. You're right, I wasn't active on those sites some
monthes/year ago. In that time I didn't deal with equivalent solution to do
emerge operations. I wanted to know this super distribution, and hungarian
archlinux community, and users.

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp