[aur-general] arch=('i686')

Gergely Imreh imrehg at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 01:46:07 EDT 2009

2009/8/5 Lucas Salies Brum <lucas at archlinux.com.br>:
> How do I know that a package will work in an architecture different from mine?

Read the documents that the original coders wrote to see whether
there's any indication that it won't. Try to test it if you can. Ask
people with other platforms to test it. (I think usually there's very
good feedback on AUR for such things, sometimes even advice how to fix
it when it does not work).

If you are really hardcore, have a virtual machine set up with Arch of
the other architecture, so you can test it directly. But that's mostly
overkill...

Cheers,
   Greg