[aur-general] TU application: Laszlo Papp

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Sat Aug 8 21:34:00 EDT 2009

> Hello TUs!
>
> Thanks this discussion period for you! It was very edifying for me, really
> thank you.
> It was a very special applicance, because of large amount of mails, and with
> some doubts, critics. I hope I didn't hurt anybody with my answers, and with
> this application, but if did that, really sorry, I wouldn't have liked to do
> that.
>
> I decided so not to start the voting period now. Maybe I could get some
> vote, but this is absolutely unimportant for me. Instead of it, I will try
> to improve myself, where I'm lacking. I will try to dispel the doubts there
> are around me, maybe this 5 five days wasn't enough for you, and I accept
> it.
>
> It will be weird, but I'm happy with your mentality, and behaviour not to
> choose everybody into the team. (If anybody knows the history of gentoo
> developer team, he/she will understand this sentence :) )
>
> At last, I really thank you everything for Stefan, he is a great person, he
> helped me tirelessly so much, I don't know how to give back it, but forever
> gratitude for him ;)
>
> Best Regards,
> Laszlo Papp

Hi Laszlo,

Sorry for the late reply, I've been away.

I wanted to say that I was also impressed with the way that you handled the various questions and criticisms and I appreciate your effort to respond to these in a calm and clear manner. I hope that this experience will not change your attitude towards Arch and that you will continue to contribute as before. I also hope to see your actions dispel the doubts that have been expressed here.

Xyne