[aur-general] AUR package updating enhancements

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 17:25:32 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 7:20 PM, Xyne<xyne at archlinux.ca> wrote:

> It's like suggesting to go to the beach and instead of someone
> objecting with "I think it's too cold today... have you checked the
> weather?" you get a 5 minute tirade about much it sucks to get sand in
> your clothes, how swallowing seawater is bad for you, that UV radiation
> is bad for the skin, that driving to the beach costs money and creates
> pollution, that people die in tsunamis on beaches, that you can be
> eaten by sharks, etc... which all boil down to the objector really
> saying "I haven't left the house in ages and I don't wanna.".

So my suggestion would be to go on a rock beach, with a snorkel, an
umbrella, a lot of sunscreen, going by bike or by foot, checking the
forecast to avoid tsunami, and avoid beaches populated by sharks.
It requires some more work and put additional constraints, but it
still achieves your goal, in a safer/better way :)
(now you can try to make the link with my real reply earlier in that thread..)