[aur-general] TU Application: Ray Rashif (schivmeister)

Ray Rashif schivmeister at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 10:14:50 EST 2009

2009/12/5 Ionut Biru <ibiru at archlinux.org>

> On 12/05/2009 02:35 PM, Stefan Husmann wrote:
>
>> Ionut Biru schrieb:
>>
>>> On 12/05/2009 01:46 AM, Ray Rashif wrote:
>>>

>>  2) How are cross-repository buildtime and optional dependencies
>>>>

>>> no. all packages that depend has the be in the same repo.
>>>

>> Well, that cannot be true. There are lots of packages in extra that
>> (make-)depend on packages in core, and packages in community that
>> (make-)depend on packages in core or extra. Only the other way around is
>> forbidden. Read the "->" as "may deliver (make-)dependencies for"
>> core -> extra -> community
>>
>> Regards Stefan
>>

> thanks for explaining better. what i wanted to say is that a package from
> core can't depend on o package from extra or community. or a package from
> extra cannont dependend on one from community.
>
> he asked that exact type of dependency and that's why i said is not
> allowed.

Yes, correct, that's exactly what I wanted to know. In terms of
dependencies, it's obvious they have to be in the same repo since a user may
want to just use one. But what I was concerned about was makedepends and
optdepends, since they don't affect the user when he downloads the binary.

--
GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD