[aur-general] Voting for djszapi results

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 04:03:15 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 8:22 PM, Ranguvar <ranguvar at archlinux.us> wrote:

> 2009/12/16 Sergej Pupykin <pupykin.s at gmail.com>:
>> Hello,
>>
>> the voting period for djszapi has ended, and he did not get the majority
>> of votes. He got
>>
>> Yes: 4
>> No: 9
>> Abstain: 5
>>
>> It would be nice if there would be some discussion about the reasons for the
>> failure.
>
> I've known djszapi for a few weeks now via IM.
> I had not examined his packages in _great_ detail, but in person,
> Laszlo appeared quite capable of TU work, especially considering his
> extremely active involvement with the AUR2 project.
>
> I do not know of past issues, as I am still fairly new to Arch and
> newer to acting as a TU, but there did not seem to be any major
> blockers to provent Laszlo from becoming a TU,
> and because he seems to have quite a bit of knowledge and dedication,
> I voted 'yes' for his approval.
>
> Would someone who was around at the time then please summarize what
> issues, if any, were present before?  Has Laszlo already applied once
> and been rejected, as it seems?
>
>  -- Ranguvar

Laszlo has previously applied not long ago, maybe a month  (search ML
archive).  Some concerns were brought up in a somwhat heated (IIRC)
discussion period.  Finally, he retracted his candidacy before the
vote. I guess most TU had made up their mind at that point.  So this
time, they felt that nothing was left to discuss so everyone just
waited for the voting period.