[aur-general] Voting for djszapi results

Ray Rashif schivmeister at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 10:37:06 EST 2009

2009/12/17 Daenyth Blank <daenyth+arch at gmail.com <daenyth%2Barch at gmail.com>>

> Judging by the level of maturity and calmness shown in this thread, I
> think he really has improved since last time. For what it's worth, I
> voted to abstain, as I hadn't had much interaction with him either
> way. Perhaps next time around I'll change that. I can definitely see
> progress here.

I've crossed paths with Laszlo on #archlinux-pacman and have seen some of
his contributions to pacman, and recently he approached me on IRC with
regards to our TU applications; he appeared worried that he may not pass and
was in dire need of sympathy. He gave me the impression that it was some
kind of a race we were participating in, but I assured him TUs won't decide
on anything without good reasons, be it voting NO or YES, and that this is
no competition.

He has the skills, no doubt. He just appears to be too hyper/excited about
things to the extent that his willingness can be sometimes misinterpreted.
Then there is also the language/cultural gap, which I'm sure has been
mentioned before.

Anyway, I'm also sure he will not stop contributing just because of this. So
Laszlo, keep it up!

--
GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD