[aur-general] Trusted Users, Secret ballots, Openness?

Andrea Scarpino andrea at archlinux.org
Thu Dec 17 16:25:14 EST 2009

2009/12/17 Angel Velásquez <angvp at archlinux.com.ve>:
> Well, I am Inactive at this moment sorry if I didn't answer first, by
> the way I am on the office so I shouldn't be writting long emails and
> "wasting time" (since my boss conception).
>
> I proposed a patch to see who voted, and I remember people who dislike
> the idea (BaSh, and others TUs) then, a method to know if a TU it was
> Inactive at the point that he wasn't voting or something, I created
> that patch (Loui pimped and then he applied it).
I reject it time ago, and I still reject this idea. I still think
votes should be secrets.

However, I am agree with Loui when he says: "I cannot trust in someone
who does double cross" but I believe we should consider this idea next
time we see an unexpected vote result. We do not need this now, now I
trust in TUs without know what they voted.

--
Andrea `bash` Scarpino
Arch Linux Developer