[aur-general] Trusted Users, Secret ballots, Openness?

Laszlo Papp djszapi at archlinux.us
Thu Dec 17 16:31:57 EST 2009

> 3) AUR2? Where is the implementation?

I see your name there too, but maybe I'm wrong:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR_2
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php?title=AUR_2&diff=prev&oldid=50469
http://git.berlios.de/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=aur2;a=summary

> I can't confirm if he did
> something on AUR2 and since my point of view the actually main
> developers of AUR (Loui, Wizzo, Bash, etc)  are not involved in that
> development, I know some people were working on AUR2, but seriously
> there is not a release date,

But yes, it will be a release 'soon', Sebastian reached a testing
point with the new generation pkgbuild parser and with the python
bindings for it.

> even nobody have thought when will be
> official this release of AUR, so basicly, he maybe is contributing in
> something that won't be used in a future, so thgis can't count as a
> "contribution"

Huh, It's hard to read because I worked with this project really lot,
and others too, like Sebastian. He's been dealing with it more than 2
years, so I don't think it's fair to say 'this can't count as a
contribution', and Neotuli was active in it too, and I talked more
times with louipc too to change the current AUR even not for this
AUR2.

> and as I said, for anything (comment, code, etc) that
> he have done, said, wrote .. he seems to be waiting for a medal or
> diploma or w/e .. again, is his attitude.

If I would do it only for credits then I'd do this work in the
business sphere for a lot of money, but I don't do it, because I love
it, I love to contributing/developing Archlinux in this wonderful
community.

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp