[aur-general] Deletion request - django extensions

Reqamst reqamst at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 17:00:10 EST 2009

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 10:37 PM, Ranguvar <ranguvar at archlinux.us> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 16:32, Reqamst <reqamst at gmail.com> wrote:
> > There are two packages refering to "Django Command Extensions"[1] in AUR:
> > "django-extensions"[2] and "django-command-extensions"[3]. I think
> > "django-command-extensions" is more accurate.
> >
> > [1] http://code.google.com/p/django-command-extensions/
> > [2] http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=26813
> > [3] http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=30353
>

> I'm not so sure.
>
> For one, django-extensions is older and better known.
> For another, the site you linked talks about other extensions than
> Command ones (Database Model Field, Database Model, Admin).
> Are only the Command ones installed by the AUR packages?
>
> Thanks for bringing it to some attention whatever the choice, I/we hate
> dups :)
>
>  -- Ranguvar
>  [Devin Cofer]

If you check PKGBUILDs, you'll notice that they are exactly that same
extensions - that same "url" und "source". Just django-extensions' PKGBUILD
is better and more complex, but django-command-extensions' name is more
accurate in compare to homesite. In that situations some kind of redirects
would be useful - one pkgname could be just alias for second and users
wouldn't have problems.