[aur-general] Going to submit my first AUR package dvtm-git

garfiield garfiield at garfiield.net
Sat Dec 19 07:06:13 EST 2009

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 12:38:21PM +0100, Xavier wrote:
> - your description is just fine, it is indeed more descriptive
> - the git part should already be obvious from package name

Great, I have seen packages that include the git part in the
description and other packages that do not. So I was unsure on how I
would do.

> Looks perfect to me after just reading it.
> Maybe I wouldn't have used a scriptlet just to display this :
>   echo "The configuration of dvtm is done by creating a custom"
>   echo "config.h and (re)compiling the source code."
>
> I guess I would just put a comment in the pkgbuild. But it's up to
> you, there is not only one way to do things :)

I chose this way since one comment on the dvtm package suggested to
use the dwm style (include the config.h). While checking the abs I
also noted that dwm in [community] uses a scriptlet to display a
similar message, but that is probably because it is in [community] and
not in AUR?