[aur-general] Discussion regarding TU Swiergot

Loui Chang louipc.ist at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 15:01:37 EST 2009

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 01:51:43PM -0500, Ghost1227 wrote:
>  Over the last few months, I have noticed that TU Swiergot has neglected his
>  packages in community. I first noticed this with the cinelerra-cv package
>  which was several months out of date and using the now-defunct cvs repo
>  (cinelerra-cv switched to git two months ago). I posted a cinelerra-cv-git
>  package to the AUR and attempted several times to contact him. Two months
>  went by and I got no reply from any of the several addresses he has, so I
>  discussed the situation with another TU, then updated his cinelerra-cv
>  package and sent him another email notifying him of the update. I have since
>  taken a look through his packages and the bugtracker. He has several
>  packages marked out of date (and some have comments explaining fixes), as
>  well as a handful of open bugs on the bugtracker. Since I have been unable
>  to contact him through any means, I propose orphaning his packages so that
>  more available TUs can take over the responsibility for them. There are
>  several that I would be happy to take over (assaultcube, cinelerra-cv, cube,
>  dosemu, fcrackzip, nexuiz, qemu-launcher, stegdetect, steghide, supertux and
>  maybe a few others), and some of his packages (including some of the ones
>  i'll take) should be dropped to the AUR.
>
>  Discuss

Yeah sounds good. TUs should be just as accountable as regular users. If
he hasn't responded to emails about outdated packages, let others adopt
those packages. Does swiergot appear active according to TU votes?

Well, actually the bylaws state that we remove TUs only if they have
prevented a vote from reaching quorum. But so far all votes have made
it. So we can keep him for now if he does reappear.