[aur-general] e17 build script [was: Problems with PKGBUILD (Also, request for package deletion)]

Ronald van Haren pressh at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 14:48:55 EST 2009

On 1/2/09, Ronald van Haren <pressh at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 3:47 AM, Smartboy <smartboyathome at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 1:24 PM, Ronald van Haren <pressh at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I don't mind too much, but I don't really see the use of the script. IMO
>>> it would be much better to have a script around which uses the ABS
>>> PKGBUILDs and alternatively some AUR ones which are not in [community].
>>>
>>> I have one laying around which builds the community package, and there is
>>> one other on the forums IIRC. With a bit of work we could create a much
>>> more usefull arch e17 script. These are just some thoughts so do with it
>>> whatever you want :P
>>>
>>> Ronald
>>

>> I created the script on the forum which tries to get it from SVN using the
>> PKGBUILDs you made, but there were too many problems with it. One was
>> that, since there really is no "easy" way besides using yaourt-git to get
>> community PKGBUILDs, and yaourt-git has many bugs with the -G function
>> (like, when I try to get eina-svn, it gets eina instead). I tried fixing
>> this, but I would have to have people download PKGBUILDs from my post,
>> which is not what a script should require.
>

> You can let the script depend on ABS. If people have a full ABS checkout
> they have all PKGBUILDs required. In the script you could call abs via sudo,
> I don't think that should be too much of a problem.
>
> Ronald

Last night I took the liberty of throwing together a small python
script to build the community e17 packages which should be more suited
for general usage than the bash script I used to use to build the
communty e17 packages.
I linked to the location of the script on the arch e17 wiki page, or
you can get it directly from here [1].

Let me know if you think the script needs more functionality than it
currently has.

Ronald

[1] http://www.archlinux.org/~ronald/e17.html