[aur-general] storming in for no reason with crazy ideas

Loui Chang louipc.ist at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 07:21:33 EST 2009

On Wed, Jan 07, 2009 at 10:10:26PM +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
>  I would like to hear Aaron's opinion on whether [community] packages should
>  appear on the main web page rather than the AUR if/when we go for the
>  single repo-tools route.
>  The advantage of having the [community] packages shown on the main page is
>  less maintenance.  It also separates the AUR from any repo (which I
>  personally think is a good thing...)
>
>  The disadvantage, is [community] becomes "overly official".

Right. The TUs should be the ones to decide that part.

I don't think it would be that hard to hook AUR into the devtools, but
we wouldn't get some of the archweb improvements/features. We would keep
package votes and comments though which are important I think.

Unless votes are implemented in archweb I think we should keep the AUR
interface for votes/search at least. The backend can still change.