[aur-general] Community and the AUR (Was: Vote - Moving [community] to use same system as main repos)

Loui Chang louipc.ist at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 14:26:18 EST 2009

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 04:53:32PM +0100, Ronald van Haren wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 4:19 PM, Daenyth Blank <daenyth+arch at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 00:59, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> >> Any other people want to comment on this?  Any TUs feel keeping AUR pages
> >> for [community] packages is necessary?
> >>
> >> Allan
> >>

> > I'd like to keep them. Especially if we get smooth non-destructive
> > transitions moving a package from community to unsupported.
> >
> > So -1, keep the comments IMO.
>
> Please remove the comments. I'd rather have everything in one place
> (bug tracker). People seem to abuse the comment section too much
> anyway by filing bugs there, it is really anoying so remove :D

It seems the consensus is to remove community packages from the AUR
interface altogether.

Before we do that though we should do a general package clean up.
Moving packages with extremely low votes/pkgstats usage into
unsupported, so we're not importing garbage into the new system.

What do you think?