[aur-general] Community and the AUR (Was: Vote - Moving [community] to use same system as main repos)

Loui Chang louipc.ist at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 21:14:45 EST 2009

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 10:19:21AM -0500, Daenyth Blank wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 00:59, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> > Any other people want to comment on this?  Any TUs feel keeping AUR pages
> > for [community] packages is necessary?
> >
> > Allan
> >

> I'd like to keep them. Especially if we get smooth non-destructive
> transitions moving a package from community to unsupported.

Hmm it seems like all it takes to move a package from community to
unsupported is to upload the tarball with buildscripts via the AUR
interface (pkgsubmit.php). Votes and comments are preserved.

So if we're doing a clean up, we can disable tupkgupdate to be safe.
tupkgupdate only runs a minute after the hour every hour.
It shouldn't be a problem really.