[aur-general] TU Application

Daenyth Blank daenyth+arch at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 11:55:08 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 09:21, Andrei Thorp<garoth at gmail.com> wrote:
> Excerpts from Allan McRae's message of Fri Jul 03 00:40:57 -0400 2009:
>> I'm not longer a Trusted User so I do not get a vote in this anymore,
>> but knowing how this works I would suggest that your application is
>> coming too soon.
>
> Yeah, I'm not an anybody, but I really feel this way too from reading
> the mailing lists.
>
> Though, I like Nathan's overall attitude. He doesn't seem ready
> skill-wise, but if he keeps up this interest and desire to help people,
> the ability will come.
I agree with all the above points here

> I might also suggest to Nathan that he try to improve his
> grammar/spelling/capitalization/formatting. Doing these things properly
> will get you further in open source software communities.
Also agreed. Text is the only way we have to get to know you, so if
you put out an image of being sloppy, careless, and/or ignorant (no
offense, just saying that it causes that perception), it has an impact
on how people think of you. The general thinking is that if you're not
willing to put in the effort to make your thoughts understandable, we
shouldn't care about the content of them. Also it makes it genuinely
hard sometimes for people (especially non-native speakers of English,
of which we have many in Arch) to understand you. Again, I'm not
trying to put you down, just offering constructive criticism.

Keep working on expanding your skills and helping out people, and I'm
sure that if you try again in a few months (or however long), we'd
love to have you. People with your enthusiasm are really helpful, you
just need to get your skill up to the same level. :)