[aur-general] Disowning monsoon, monotorrent and mono-nat

Loui Chang louipc.ist at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 10:45:20 EDT 2009

On Tue 07 Jul 2009 10:03 +1930, Angel Velásquez wrote:
> Just orphan them and somebody will adopt them, simply you DON'T have
> to tell us that you are orphanizing or adopting unsupported packages.
>
> This message is for everybody (not just Tomás), please don't send
> e-mails to the list when you adopt or orphanize a PKGBUILD, just
> orphan it and someone will adopt it.. that's it!. Why devs and tus can
> do it or have to do it?, simply, they maintain official packages.
>
> I've been this bad habit/behaviour from somedays ago, and I've tried
> to don't said something harsh, but this time i think it's enough, I
> appreciate those all contributions, but there are some _rules_ and
> there are thousands of packages in AUR, just imagine if every people
> who orphan or adopt a package will send an e-mail to the list, it will
> flood the list!.

Take a chill pill. No one implied that this is for TUs or devs. Users
subscribed to aur-general may take interest in them too.
If I orphan a package I'll usually leave a comment, so that
people that get notifications will know that they can adopt.

I'm not really sure where you're gathering your rules from.
If excess traffic on the list does become a problem, we'll find ways to
solve it.