[aur-general] CVS freeze and move to SVN/official tools

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 13:03:19 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 12:54 PM, Aaron Griffin<aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 11:52 AM, Dusty Phillips<buchuki at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2009/7/15 Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com>:
>>> I imagine we could throw an install of the main site on the aur server
>>> for community packages. I hadn't thought that far ahead though. I was
>>> under the impression that community was going to remain on the AUR web
>>> page.
>>
>> Its doable, but would probably need some template hacking to not have,
>> like, the news and download pages on there. Unless you want the TUs to
>> have their own news feeds and stuff?
>
> Hmm, I don't know if that's necessary really.
>
>> I think it would be easy enough to add [community] to reporead on our
>> main server, but we don't want to make it look like community is
>> officially supported... on the other hand, community IS uncommented by
>> default in pacman, so it would actually make sense to have it on the
>> main page so users can see the list of packages they have available on
>> a default install. We could have a note on all community packages that
>> they aren't part of the official repos...
>
> This sounds feasible. Giving TUs accounts on the main site would
> actually be easy, but we'd have to play with the permissions just a
> tad. If people think this is a good idea, Dusty and I will take this
> offlist to deal with the details.

I think it would be better to wait a few days to give time to  finish
off the rebuild. Although the downtime is short as you said, there is
always the possibility of some complications.  The cvs to svn switch
also involve a learning curve for non-dev TU so it might slow down the
rebuild. It will also give you more time to figure out how to deal
with the website issue.