[aur-general] CVS freeze and move to SVN/official tools

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 13:17:48 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 12:03 PM, Eric Bélanger<snowmaniscool at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 12:54 PM, Aaron Griffin<aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Its doable, but would probably need some template hacking to not have,
>>> like, the news and download pages on there. Unless you want the TUs to
>>> have their own news feeds and stuff?
>>
>> Hmm, I don't know if that's necessary really.
>>
>>> I think it would be easy enough to add [community] to reporead on our
>>> main server, but we don't want to make it look like community is
>>> officially supported... on the other hand, community IS uncommented by
>>> default in pacman, so it would actually make sense to have it on the
>>> main page so users can see the list of packages they have available on
>>> a default install. We could have a note on all community packages that
>>> they aren't part of the official repos...
>>
>> This sounds feasible. Giving TUs accounts on the main site would
>> actually be easy, but we'd have to play with the permissions just a
>> tad. If people think this is a good idea, Dusty and I will take this
>> offlist to deal with the details.
>>

> I think it would be better to wait a few days to give time to  finish
> off the rebuild. Although the downtime is short as you said, there is
> always the possibility of some complications.  The cvs to svn switch
> also involve a learning curve for non-dev TU so it might slow down the
> rebuild. It will also give you more time to figure out how to deal
> with the website issue.

The problem with that is my time. I have time tonight, so I wanted to
get it out of the way. If I wait, it might end up being weeks before I
can get a block of time to do this again.

Does anyone have an idea of the rebuilds that are left for community?
How many and how long it will take? If I could get an estimate, maybe
I could plan accordingly