[aur-general] CVS freeze and move to SVN/official tools

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 01:37:52 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 9:27 PM, Daniel J
Griffiths<ghost1227 at archlinux.us> wrote:
> Aaron Griffin wrote:

>>> i'm working on it now with ghost and i hope in maxim 2 hours all are
>>> done.
>>>

>> Just a status check. If no one says "stop" in the next 45 minutes or
>> so, I'm going to do the transition
>>

> Alright, we're down to 2 packages that need a rebuild and I don't see us
> patching them quickly. Go ahead and run the transition.

OK, as far as I know, everything is complete. CVS is still there, but
is useless.

Please read this:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:HOWTO_Be_A_Packager

I tested with some random package and am able to commit. I did not
test the dbscripts, but those should be working...

You will all need to "mkdir -p ~/staging/community/" on sigurd.

A devtools release is needed, so communitypkg works the same as the
rest. If someone would like to submit a patch to remove all the
community specific stuff, and vary the hostname based on repo
(archlinux.org / aur.archlinux.org), that'd be awesome. Or maybe Dan
did this already....?

For now you can just scp the package to
aur.archlinux.org:staging/community and manually commit the files to
svn. You will also need to run "archrelease community-i686" or
"archrelease community-x86_64" before the dbscripts will allow you to
add a new package.

Tomorrow I will update devtools, and setup cleanup cron jobs to be run
on that machine. I'll also sync svn to gerolde for the repo browser,
if you guys want.

Loui, do you need to do anything with the AUR now?

Again: Please do not use CVS anymore. It will do nothing. I have
killed the tupkg daemons so using CVS won't work anymore.