[aur-general] CVS freeze and move to SVN/official tools

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 01:53:31 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 12:37 AM, Aaron Griffin<aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 9:27 PM, Daniel J
> Griffiths<ghost1227 at archlinux.us> wrote:
>> Aaron Griffin wrote:
>>> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 12:20 PM, Biru Ionut<biru.ionut at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>> Aaron Griffin wrote:
>>>>> The problem with that is my time. I have time tonight, so I wanted to
>>>>> get it out of the way. If I wait, it might end up being weeks before I
>>>>> can get a block of time to do this again.
>>>>> Does anyone have an idea of the rebuilds that are left for community?
>>>>> How many and how long it will take? If I could get an estimate, maybe
>>>>> I could plan accordingly
>>>> i'm working on it now with ghost and i hope in maxim 2 hours all are
>>>> done.
>>> Just a status check. If no one says "stop" in the next 45 minutes or
>>> so, I'm going to do the transition
>> Alright, we're down to 2 packages that need a rebuild and I don't see us
>> patching them quickly. Go ahead and run the transition.
> OK, as far as I know, everything is complete. CVS is still there, but
> is useless.
> Please read this:
> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:HOWTO_Be_A_Packager
> I tested with some random package and am able to commit. I did not
> test the dbscripts, but those should be working...
> You will all need to "mkdir -p ~/staging/community/" on sigurd.
> A devtools release is needed, so communitypkg works the same as the
> rest. If someone would like to submit a patch to remove all the
> community specific stuff, and vary the hostname based on repo
> (archlinux.org / aur.archlinux.org), that'd be awesome. Or maybe Dan
> did this already....?
> For now you can just scp the package to
> aur.archlinux.org:staging/community and manually commit the files to
> svn. You will also need to run "archrelease community-i686" or
> "archrelease community-x86_64" before the dbscripts will allow you to
> add a new package.
> Tomorrow I will update devtools, and setup cleanup cron jobs to be run
> on that machine. I'll also sync svn to gerolde for the repo browser,
> if you guys want.
> Loui, do you need to do anything with the AUR now?
> Again: Please do not use CVS anymore. It will do nothing. I have
> killed the tupkg daemons so using CVS won't work anymore.

Tested dbscripts (you'll see a 'foobar' package in community x86_64 -
I added then removed it from the DB)

When running the dbscripts, you'll need to use /arch/db-community{,64}
- or manually /arch/db-update community {i686,x86_64} - ignore the
scripts for extra/core/etc

Additionally, I created a skeleton repo called "community-testing" to
be used as a testing repo. It's not linked up to gerolde, so it does
nothing for the time being, but you should be able to use it if you
want (archrelease community-testing-$ARCH; /arch/db-update
community-testing $ARCH)

More information about the aur-general mailing list