[aur-general] CVS freeze and move to SVN/official tools

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 01:53:31 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 12:37 AM, Aaron Griffin<aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 9:27 PM, Daniel J
> Griffiths<ghost1227 at archlinux.us> wrote:
>> Aaron Griffin wrote:

>>> Just a status check. If no one says "stop" in the next 45 minutes or
>>> so, I'm going to do the transition
>>>

>> Alright, we're down to 2 packages that need a rebuild and I don't see us
>> patching them quickly. Go ahead and run the transition.
>
> OK, as far as I know, everything is complete. CVS is still there, but
> is useless.
>
> Please read this:
> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:HOWTO_Be_A_Packager
>
> I tested with some random package and am able to commit. I did not
> test the dbscripts, but those should be working...
>
> You will all need to "mkdir -p ~/staging/community/" on sigurd.
>
> A devtools release is needed, so communitypkg works the same as the
> rest. If someone would like to submit a patch to remove all the
> community specific stuff, and vary the hostname based on repo
> (archlinux.org / aur.archlinux.org), that'd be awesome. Or maybe Dan
> did this already....?
>
> For now you can just scp the package to
> aur.archlinux.org:staging/community and manually commit the files to
> svn. You will also need to run "archrelease community-i686" or
> "archrelease community-x86_64" before the dbscripts will allow you to
> add a new package.
>
> Tomorrow I will update devtools, and setup cleanup cron jobs to be run
> on that machine. I'll also sync svn to gerolde for the repo browser,
> if you guys want.
>
> Loui, do you need to do anything with the AUR now?
>

> Again: Please do not use CVS anymore. It will do nothing. I have
> killed the tupkg daemons so using CVS won't work anymore.

Tested dbscripts (you'll see a 'foobar' package in community x86_64 -
I added then removed it from the DB)

When running the dbscripts, you'll need to use /arch/db-community{,64}
- or manually /arch/db-update community {i686,x86_64} - ignore the
scripts for extra/core/etc

Additionally, I created a skeleton repo called "community-testing" to
be used as a testing repo. It's not linked up to gerolde, so it does
nothing for the time being, but you should be able to use it if you
want (archrelease community-testing-$ARCH; /arch/db-update
community-testing $ARCH)