[aur-general] CVS freeze and move to SVN/official tools

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Sat Jul 18 06:56:38 EDT 2009

Stefan Husmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i am still failing to upload packages to [community]. The communitypkg
> script from the aurtools wants a password, which I do not have, I only
> have aa passphrase. The devtools package does not include a
> communitypkg script.

The communitypkg script has not been updated yet so you need to do
something like this:

svn co <pkg>
cd <pkg>/trunk
(update pkgbuild, build package, and scp it to ~/staging/community on
sigurd)
svn commit -m "update message"
archrelease community-{i686,x86_64}

on sigurd:
/arch/db-community{,64}

The whole upload, commit and archrelease will be handled by communitypkg
once it gets updated

Hope that helps...

Allan