[aur-general] TU application: Laszlo Papp

Daniel J Griffiths ghost1227 at archlinux.us
Fri Jul 31 18:17:05 EDT 2009

Stefan Husmann wrote:
> Biru Ionut wrote
>>
>> not many days ago you asked be if is frustrating to have 300 packages
>> in comparative with the number of packages that some TUs have. i see
>> that you got now only 78 packages. Can i asked you why did you got
>> rid of the rest? you picked up only the good ones?
>>
>> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?O=0&K=vim&do_Orphans=Orphans&detail=1&L=0&C=0&SeB=nd&SB=n&SO=a&PP=25
>>

> Hello Birot,
>
> of course you may ask any question but can you please explain why you
> think the packages Laszlo orphaned are worse than the packageges he kept?
>
> IMHO reconsidering priorities is a right every user has, TU or not.
> Regards, Stefan

I don't think the issue was that the orphaned packages were worse per
se, I think the issue was that recently he had been bragging about how
he had more packages than most TUs/Devs as if it was a status thing, and
putting down some of us for it... Now all of a sudden he dumps the
majority of his packages. Just seems a bit hypocritical.

--
Daniel J Griffiths (Ghost1227)
griffithsdj at archlinux.us
http://ghost1227.com