[aur-general] TU application: Laszlo Papp

nezmer at gmail.com nezmer at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 19:34:35 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 09:32:39PM +0200, Laszlo Papp wrote:
<snip>
> I would like to add these packages to the [community] repo.
> 1. AVR microprocessor: avarice, avra, avr-gdb, kontrollerlab, simulavr,
> tavrasm, uisp,
> gnome-avrdude
> 2. PIC microprocessor: picasm, picp, picprog, pikdev, piklab, pk2cmd
> 3. Blackfin Digital Signal Processor: blackfin-toolchain-elf
> 4. Tinyos: nesc, tinyos, tinyos-tools
> 5. ARM architecture: openocd-svn
> 6. Picoblaze Softcore processor: kpicosim
> 7. FPGA design: ghdl-bin, verilator
> 8. Some common, like usb-serial converter driver: libftd2xx.
>
> Feel free to ask me, if something is obscure or you would like to know
> more about me.
>
> Thanks to Stefan Husmann for sponsoring me.
>
> Best Regards, Laszlo Papp
Hi Laszlo .
I know this thread is for TUs only and your offer to be asked was for
them exclusively .

But I really have to ask this question :
Why did you send me an e-mail asking me If I'm still with Arch & If you can
maintain my pkg "spim" ?

The package wasn't an orphan , out of date or dysfunctional . I replied
asking you to give me feedback or suggest improvements . I suggested
that you should have done this via a comment in the 1st place because
the notification system was implemented for a reason & maintainers subscribe for notifications to keep up-to-date with users' comments .

It really felt weired when you didn't leave a comment or e-mail me back . I thought packages get disowned because they need immediate care . I was actually not happy with the possibility of losing a package for no good reason (If I was on vacation at the time for example) .