[aur-general] Moving the AUR/community

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 15:59:07 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 2:18 PM, Eric Bélanger<snowmaniscool at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 2:53 PM, Aaron Griffin<aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hey all,
>> This is part informational, and part not.
>> We have a donated server from SevenL networks that has sat mostly
>> unused up until now. What we would like to do is more the AUR and
>> community on to that machine, so that TUs can get real (limited) shell
>> accounts and the people managing this side of the project get a bit
>> more control.
>> As far as I know, things are almost ready to go, but what we need to
>> do is setup a good time to "freeze" the AUR and community so we can
>> switch over the DNS and change checkout locations.
>> Once this is complete, we can move forward with switching community to
>> SVN and using the official dbscripts for managing the repo. This way
>> you guys can get your own testing repo too!
>> Sooo... the list, as I see it:
>> * Decide on a date and time for the move
>> * Get SSH keys from all TUs
>> * Switch DNS over
>> * Disable the AUR/community on gerolde
>> Anything I'm missing? Suggestions as to a good date?
> I propose keeping the readline rebuild in testing until the
> AUR/community move is done. So we could do the community readline
> rebuild (http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/15165) in the new
> community-testing repo then move everything to core/extra/community
> once it's done.

I was thinking of a bit longer timeline for the SVN switchover. In my
head I had: move machines sometime this week, do the svn transition
next week. Is that too long?

>  If we go this way, I suggest doing the move  very soon (this week or
> next week) as we want to complete the readline rebuild so we could
> start the massive libjpeg rebuild. The timing of the AUR/community
> move couldn't be better.

More information about the aur-general mailing list