[aur-general] Moving the AUR/community

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 15:18:25 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 2:53 PM, Aaron Griffin<aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
> This is part informational, and part not.
> We have a donated server from SevenL networks that has sat mostly
> unused up until now. What we would like to do is more the AUR and
> community on to that machine, so that TUs can get real (limited) shell
> accounts and the people managing this side of the project get a bit
> more control.
> As far as I know, things are almost ready to go, but what we need to
> do is setup a good time to "freeze" the AUR and community so we can
> switch over the DNS and change checkout locations.
> Once this is complete, we can move forward with switching community to
> SVN and using the official dbscripts for managing the repo. This way
> you guys can get your own testing repo too!
> Sooo... the list, as I see it:
> * Decide on a date and time for the move
> * Get SSH keys from all TUs
> * Switch DNS over
> * Disable the AUR/community on gerolde
> Anything I'm missing? Suggestions as to a good date?

I propose keeping the readline rebuild in testing until the
AUR/community move is done. So we could do the community readline
rebuild (http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/15165) in the new
community-testing repo then move everything to core/extra/community
once it's done.

 If we go this way, I suggest doing the move  very soon (this week or
next week) as we want to complete the readline rebuild so we could
start the massive libjpeg rebuild. The timing of the AUR/community
move couldn't be better.

More information about the aur-general mailing list