[aur-general] Moving the AUR/community

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 17:02:04 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 3:59 PM, Aaron Griffin<aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 2:18 PM, Eric Bélanger<snowmaniscool at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 2:53 PM, Aaron Griffin<aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hey all,
>>> This is part informational, and part not.
>>> We have a donated server from SevenL networks that has sat mostly
>>> unused up until now. What we would like to do is more the AUR and
>>> community on to that machine, so that TUs can get real (limited) shell
>>> accounts and the people managing this side of the project get a bit
>>> more control.
>>> As far as I know, things are almost ready to go, but what we need to
>>> do is setup a good time to "freeze" the AUR and community so we can
>>> switch over the DNS and change checkout locations.
>>> Once this is complete, we can move forward with switching community to
>>> SVN and using the official dbscripts for managing the repo. This way
>>> you guys can get your own testing repo too!
>>> Sooo... the list, as I see it:
>>> * Decide on a date and time for the move
>>> * Get SSH keys from all TUs
>>> * Switch DNS over
>>> * Disable the AUR/community on gerolde
>>> Anything I'm missing? Suggestions as to a good date?
>> I propose keeping the readline rebuild in testing until the
>> AUR/community move is done. So we could do the community readline
>> rebuild (http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/15165) in the new
>> community-testing repo then move everything to core/extra/community
>> once it's done.
> I was thinking of a bit longer timeline for the SVN switchover. In my
> head I had: move machines sometime this week, do the svn transition
> next week. Is that too long?

That's not too long IMO. The first mention of that readline rebuild
was a few months ago. So it doesn't matter much if it stays in testing
for another week or two.

>>  If we go this way, I suggest doing the move  very soon (this week or
>> next week) as we want to complete the readline rebuild so we could
>> start the massive libjpeg rebuild. The timing of the AUR/community
>> move couldn't be better.

More information about the aur-general mailing list