[aur-general] Removing comments from AUR

Grigorios Bouzakis grbzks at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 19:34:49 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 1:58 AM, Loui Chang <louipc.ist at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed 24 Jun 2009 23:53 +0200, Ronald van Haren wrote:
> > why not allow the maintainers in unsupported to delete comments for their
> > packages, I don't think it will be too much misused? I remove from time
> > time the crap out of the comments in my community/aur packages  so only
> the
> > more relevant things stay (if there are any).
>
> Yeah I think this idea is best out of the lot.

Yeah it is a nice idea, only i dont think people are gonna spend time
deleting comments.

Usually when a somewhat popular package gets uploaded theres a lot of
discussion about
how to do this & that etc. Then when the script reaches a fairly satisfying
point of decency
discussion stops. & then you mostly see comments like "1.2 is out" or
complete build scripts
or patches posted etc.
See for example http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=24266

IMO its better that the first, and more important part of the discussion to
be done on the mailing
list, this way people who dont use the package can help.
People can also get familiar with the package that way.
Then email the maintainer directly.

--
Greg