[aur-general] Moving the AUR/community

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Wed Jun 24 20:38:18 EDT 2009

Aaron Griffin wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 4:22 PM, Pierre Schmitz<pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
>> On Wednesday 24 June 2009 21:18:25 Eric Bélanger wrote:
>>> I propose keeping the readline rebuild in testing until the
>>> AUR/community move is done.
>> I would prefer a strategy which wont block "our" repos. For example I have php
>> waiting in testing and Allan mentioned a libjpeg rebuild.
>> There are only a few packages in community which need a readline rebuild. So
>> what about moving the readline rebuild very soon (tomorrow), commit the needed
>> rebuild for community and then freeze it.
>> During the community transition we have an "empty" testing to play with
>> libjpeg and others.
> Yeah. Considering that the libjpeg updates may be much larger, let's
> plan on having community-testing ready for that rebuild. How does that
> sound?

Just noting that that libjpeg being large is wrong as far as community goes:
84 rebuilds in community for readline
31 rebuilds in community for libjpeg

But as Pierre pointed out, we can not hold up moving readline for this 
as php needs to get out of [testing].  I am happy waiting many days to 
start libjpeg...


More information about the aur-general mailing list