[aur-general] Moving the AUR/community
snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 22:44:45 EDT 2009
On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 8:38 PM, Allan McRae<allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Aaron Griffin wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 4:22 PM, Pierre Schmitz<pierre at archlinux.de>
>>> On Wednesday 24 June 2009 21:18:25 Eric Bélanger wrote:
>>>> I propose keeping the readline rebuild in testing until the
>>>> AUR/community move is done.
>>> I would prefer a strategy which wont block "our" repos. For example I
>>> have php
>>> waiting in testing and Allan mentioned a libjpeg rebuild.
>>> There are only a few packages in community which need a readline rebuild.
>>> what about moving the readline rebuild very soon (tomorrow), commit the
>>> rebuild for community and then freeze it.
>>> During the community transition we have an "empty" testing to play with
>>> libjpeg and others.
>> Yeah. Considering that the libjpeg updates may be much larger, let's
>> plan on having community-testing ready for that rebuild. How does that
> Just noting that that libjpeg being large is wrong as far as community goes:
> 84 rebuilds in community for readline
> 31 rebuilds in community for libjpeg
Are you sure about that? From a quick glance at the bug reports, it
seems to be the opposite:
> But as Pierre pointed out, we can not hold up moving readline for this as
> php needs to get out of [testing]. I am happy waiting many days to start
More information about the aur-general