[aur-general] Removing comments from AUR

Callan Barrett wizzomafizzo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 22:08:44 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 9:57 AM, Grigorios Bouzakis<grbzks at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I see absolutely no compelling reason to get rid of comments and it's
>> ridiculous this thread even exists. The only interesting thing is the
>> idea of improving the comment system and there are no patches for that
>> either.
>>

> So now you admit something isnt working as it should and should/could improve.
> And then you are calling me an idiot for making a suggestion on how to
> improve that,
> before anyone else mentioned it.
> Others didnt like my suggestion. What more do you want? Apologise for making it?
> Start a new discussion thread if you like, about *altering* the way
> comments work
> in the AUR since thats what you think is more appropriate.
> Close the feature request as Wont implement since you dont think its right.

Yes, when things could use improvement the only good way to deal with
it is to remove it outright. You're the fountain of wisdom.

I don't know what you should do. Start your own AUR fork called
funAUR? Start a blog where you list features in applications that
should be removed for not being perfect? Write a semi-successful
linux-based webcomic where you're the angsty main character? As long
as you stop posting on the mailing list.

I will gladly close your bug.

--
Callan Barrett