[aur-general] Removing comments from AUR

Grigorios Bouzakis grbzks at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 21:57:56 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 4:36 AM, Callan Barrett<wizzomafizzo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Grigorios, you're an idiot. You're basically just trolling the thread
> now and, correct me if I'm wrong, have provided nothing in the way of
> patches for the AUR like open source is magic where you whine about
> stuff and it gets fixed how you like.

I already said that i cant provide patches for the AUR. And i said
that it was a suggestiong.
I also already said i wasnt willing to continue talking about my
suggestion on the mailing list
anymore since people dont like it.
After that, people who hadnt yet taken part in the discussion
appeared, you and Angel for example.

> I see absolutely no compelling reason to get rid of comments and it's
> ridiculous this thread even exists. The only interesting thing is the
> idea of improving the comment system and there are no patches for that
> either.

So now you admit something isnt working as it should and should/could improve.
And then you are calling me an idiot for making a suggestion on how to
improve that,
before anyone else mentioned it.
Others didnt like my suggestion. What more do you want? Apologise for making it?
Start a new discussion thread if you like, about *altering* the way
comments work
in the AUR since thats what you think is more appropriate.
Close the feature request as Wont implement since you dont think its right.

--
Greg