[aur-general] Removing comments from AUR

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Thu Jun 25 23:05:40 EDT 2009

> Principally you are right, but pressing a button "report malicious
> package" could or should send an e-mail to this mailing list or to every
> TU automatically. This would be the easiest way for the users.

That could lead to spam. A better system would be similar to the
out-of-date system that we currently have, with some changes. You press
the "report malicious package" button, submit a reason, and then a
messages gets automatically posted to the list. At the same time, it
also displays on the AUR page and flagged packages can be filtered in
the search the same way out-of-date packages can. The reporter would
also be mentioned in the list (to prevent people from anonymously
flagging packages without reason).