[aur-general] status moving to official db scripts?

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Thu Mar 5 17:43:43 EST 2009

Loui Chang wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 06, 2009 at 06:46:49AM +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
>
>>  Andrea Scarpino wrote:

>>> Maybe we must only edit run-tupkgupdate and communitypkg on AUR?
>>> (not sure of this)
>>>

>>  Well, those will not be needed at all once the switch is made.  The decision
>>  on whether to include [community] packages on the AUR interface after the
>>  switch, or even extend it to all packages was the main issue.  I think it
>>  was decided that they were to be included, so I was wanting to know who is
>>  doing the coding and what the progress is.
>>

> Hmm! That's news. I thought the consensus was that community doesn't
> need AUR. And in that case we just turn the daemons and cronjobs off and
> community goes on its merry way with devtools.
>
> We would then just alter the DB to make all community packages dummies.

Hmm!  Right back.... I thought we got to here:
http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-general/2009-January/003648.html
which sort of says we were going to have them in the AUR along with the
rest of the repo and just disable comments.  Anyway, I suppose this
could be added at any time.

But given I don't want them there, I agree that we decided [community]
does not need AUR!

Allan

Allan