[aur-general] gnash removed from aur

Paride Legovini legovini at spiro.fisica.unipd.it
Mon Mar 16 14:27:22 EDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 11:11:20AM -0700, Andrei Thorp wrote:
> Simpler sounds nice, but I'm not so sure about the "uses ffmpeg
> instead" bit -- perhaps there should be two packages if such a choice
> has to be made?

Well, the choice has to be made, and making two packages is a solution.
Personally I prefer ffmpeg, and as far as I read it has a broader
support for codecs used in FLV videos. Even when compiled against
gstreamer, decoding of such videos (e.g. youtube ones) require
gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg, so it seems to me that using ffmpeg directly is a
more linear approach.

p.