[aur-general] Huge packages in community

Roberto Alsina ralsina at netmanagers.com.ar
Sun May 3 13:57:32 EDT 2009

On Sunday 03 May 2009 14:44:16 Angel Velásquez wrote:
> On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 1:02 PM, Arkham <liuju86 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> And seriously, "for my health"? Amazing, first time I've been
> >> threatened over the internet. You rock.
> >
> > Actually I think that "for your health" wasn't intended as a menace but
> > more like a medical advice, such as "Don't get too upset".
>
> Exactly Arkham, seriously Daenyth, I don't know if you are
> *threatened* everyday (but I will supose it for your actions, and the
> fact that you are afraid to use your real name over internet), or your
> ego is *too high* to think that other people are thinking in threat
> you.. as I said on IRC, "calm down, I am here, everything is gonna be
> alright, breathe" please :). Of course, my english shouldn't
> unsterstable at all, but think that *i am threathing you* haha .. is
> just funny, thanks for make my day.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion Magnus, this will be a solution, the unique
> problem is that I will have to configure a caching proxy for home :/
> and I really feel tired to do that, but now I will consider it
> seriously. +1 for you too

You could use a silly simple caching proy like http-replicator for this job.

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  KDE Developer (MFCH)
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'  http://lateral.netmanagers.com.ar
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'     The 6,855th most popular site of Slovenia
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'       according to alexa.com (27/5/2007)
"Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs, I said.
We have a protractor. Okay, I’ll go home and see if I can scrounge up a
ruler and a piece of string."  — Neal Stephenson