[aur-general] AUR Comment for ipw2200-inject

Andrea Scarpino andrea at archlinux.org
Sat May 9 04:30:18 EDT 2009

On 08/05/2009, JM <fijam at archlinux.us> wrote:
> Since the packet injection patch had not been adapted to the current
> in-kernel driver, the PKGBUILD used 1.2.2 release of the driver from
> before it was included in the kernel. Radiotap, as Andrea pointed out,
> was added only in 2.6.29 and that is why the first patch was also
> included. AFAIK, it is the only way packet injection is possible with
> ipw2200 hardware.
>
> I would like to know how this package is obsolete.

In 2 days I didn't found a working patch, and when I saw radiotap was
enable in kernel 2.6.29, I thought package wasn't necessary.

So, in my comment change "obsolete" with "doesn't work/useless".

Try to build the package. It doesn't build, and if it builds, it
doesn't work because needs also a patched version of ieee80211, which
I don't find on aur.

As I hope you know, package are removed from AUR but not physically:
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/ipw2200-inject/

If you or someone else do a working pkgbuild please upload it on AUR,
otherwise package who not work are useless on AUR. IMO.

--
Andrea `BaSh` Scarpino
Arch Linux Developer