[aur-general] AUR Comment for ipw2200-inject

Cilyan Olowen gaknar at gmail.com
Sat May 9 06:23:17 EDT 2009

> In 2 days I didn't found a working patch, and when I saw radiotap was
> enable in kernel 2.6.29, I thought package wasn't necessary.
>
> So, in my comment change "obsolete" with "doesn't work/useless".
>
> Try to build the package. It doesn't build, and if it builds, it
> doesn't work because needs also a patched version of ieee80211, which
> I don't find on aur.
>
> As I hope you know, package are removed from AUR but not physically:
> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/ipw2200-inject/
>
> If you or someone else do a working pkgbuild please upload it on AUR,
> otherwise package who not work are useless on AUR. IMO.
>
> --
> Andrea `BaSh` Scarpino
> Arch Linux Developer

Hello,
I worked a little bit on that too, and what I could see in comparing
code from 2.6.29 kernel driver and the radiotap patch is that 1 chunk
out of two has been applied to the current driver. Probably the other
one was not needed, but not sure. I could not find any information on
git comments (I've not really searched the kernel's mailling lists,
thus).
But concerning the injection patch, it seems that nothing has been
committed to current driver, so I would tend to think that the package
is still not so obsolete, but need some work.
In last news, my ipw2200 card cannot inject since 2.6.27 (IIRC).

Cilyan