[aur-general] changing the status of the maintainer field

Angel Velásquez angvp at archlinux.com.ve
Thu May 21 23:29:32 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 3:32 PM, Baho Utot <baho-utot at columbus.rr.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-05-22 at 18:46 +1930, Angel Velásquez wrote:

>> > What if I use abs to fetch the entire core/extra and then build and
>> > maintain that tree?  Am I now the maintainer and everyone else
>> > contributors?
>> >

>> Oh boy we just discussed this weeks ago, like a month or so.
>>
>> Even I though in send another e-mail remembering to _some people_
>> about how the things should be with the maintainer tag (the maintainer
>> tag with my name were removed in several packages and I wasn't added
>> as a contributor), but I won't complain about it, because for me it
>> doesn't matter, but I think that several people would like to preserve
>> their names on PKGBUILD that they dedicated sometime.
>>
>> IMHO that discussion [0] should be enough, any dev to make that
>> discussion as the *official* way?
>>
>> [0] http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-general/2009-April/004386.html
>>

> I only send that email to show that this type of discussion is tenious
> at best.
>
> I look at the Maintainer tag as the "Contact person" only.  The other
> tag I can do without (my opinion only) but I understand why people would
> like to maintain their names there as well.
>
> Looks like you need a Maintainer tag for the Contributor tag......what
> would that tag be called?

According the last thread, we agreed that the past maintainers will
became *contributors*, so.. If I was maintainer of X package and I
left the crew, the guy who will pick the package should take the
"maitainer" tag, and change my old maintainer tag and put my name as a
contributor.

As I said, I don't really care about this, it's ok for me,  but seems
that some people don't follow that rule, the point of the last
discussion was to clarify the rule and start to applying.. and seems
that the discussion was forgotten :(.

--
Angel Velásquez
angvp @ irc.freenode.net