[aur-general] changing the status of the maintainer field

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Sat May 23 03:39:41 EDT 2009

Am Sat, 23 May 2009 10:28:08 +0530
schrieb Abhishek Dasgupta <abhidg at gmail.com>:

> Of course, all that is really needed is an easy way of getting the
> current maintainers. I'll work on adding some kind of API to the web
> interface to output the maintainer name given an URI like this:
> http://archlinux.org/packages/core/i686/bash/maintainer

This is for the repos. But what's about the AUR packages?

For AUR you should also keep in mind, that some/most people are
registered with their nicknames only, but - at least in my case - use
their real names and a different e-mail address in their Maintainer
flag.

In such cases, the field for the real name would need to be filled out
in the AUR account.

Heiko