[aur-general] Deletion request

Chris Brannon cmbrannon79 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 04:55:08 EST 2009

Laszlo Papp wrote:
> Hello TUs,
>
> The next two packages are with the same application in AUR, I don't
> know which one is worth to delete, maybe I prefer lua-expat name to
> luaexpat.
>
> luaexpat:
>
> lua-expat:

Laszlo,
I prefer the lua-expat name as well, but ...
1. luaexpat is the package under active maintenance.
(lua-expat hasn't been updated since Dec 3, 2008).
2. luaexpat is required by all the prosody packages, whereas lua-expat
is only required by lua-gtk.

Since you maintain lua-gtk, could you please change the dependency
from lua-expat to luaexpat?
Once that is done, I'll go ahead and delete lua-expat.

Regards,
-- Chris