[aur-general] Deletion request

Chris Brannon cmbrannon79 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 01:29:20 EST 2009

Xyne wrote:
> General question: If someone were willing to follow through with it,
> would it be better to enforce the naming guidelines and modify the
> affected packages, or does it simply not matter? It seems unfortunate
> that "non-standard" names can get locked in this way.
>
> In this case, there are only 3 prosody packages between 2 maintainers.

In this specific case, the name luaexpat seems to be the correct one,
although it is aesthetically unappealing.
It is the name of the source tarball and the tree contained therein.
Also, the project's URL uses that name (though the page is temporarily
inaccessible).  I think I made the right choice earlier.

In the general case, if the package was named incorrectly, it is probably good
to contact the maintainers of packages that depend on it.

Regards,
-- Chris